Catch The Goldfish Live at The Backpack – and Support Spinal Injury Sufferers
Alert! Party with The Goldfish coming up at The Backpack! But first, some background info…
If you don’t know the story of Colin Javens, prepare to be astounded. Colin, 25, is a tetraplegic – he lost the use of his arms and legs in a diving accident – but that didn’t stop him from driving overland from Stoke Mandeville Hospital, in Buckinghamshire, UK, to Cape Town earlier this year, in an effort to raise funds for his charity, the Colin Javens Spinal Injury Trust. The Trust gives money to organisations – both in the UK and South Africa – that help people with spinal injuries and similar problems lead better lives.
- For more info on Colin and his overland trek, visit: DrivingHome.co.uk.
Although Colin has now returned to the UK – by plane, this time, and no, he didn’t pilot it! – you can help him continue to raise funds for para- and tetraplegics by, well, partying hard to the groovy tunes of local band The Goldfish!
- Where: The Backpack & Africa Travel Centre
- When: Saturday, 20 May, from 7 p.m.
- How much: R50 (all proceeds go the the Colin Javens Trust)
- What else: The Backpack has laid on some terrific travel prizes to be won, including a 21-day Cape Town-Vic Falls-Joburg overland tour. Everyone who buys a ticket to see The Goldfish gets into the draw!
- For more information, please contact The Backpack: +27 (0) 21 423 5555.