Durban International Airport
SA Blog’s handy guide to Durban International Airport.
- Airport code: DUR
- Street Map: Click here
- Floor plan: None available, complain to management.
- General info: +27 (0) 31 451 6758
- Flight info via telephone: +27 (0) 86 727 7888
- Flight info via SMS/text: Send flight number to 35007.
- Flight info on the web: Click here. (This service is often down – it’s better to call.)
- Hired/Rented cars: Kiosks inside the domestic arrivals area.
- Wifi? Domestic & international departures, past the security check-through.
- Former & alt. names: Louis Botha, Lughawe (Afrikaans for “Airport”).
- Free carts? Yes
- Porters? Available (look for reflector jackets).
- Porter tip? R5 per bag.
- Curbside drop-off/pick-up allowed? Yes – but very congested due to construction.
- Parking? About R7/hour, depending on length of stay. Long-term parking available.
- Disabled-friendly? Yes
Durban International is a slight misnomer, in that its only international flights are to SADC countries like Swaziland and Mocambique. It’s a clean, well-laid-out place which is easy to navigate, but which can occasionally become dust-choked, because of all the construction underway.
DUR International Airlines:
- Air Mauritius: +27 (0) 31 201 6681
- Royal Swazi Air Express (no website): +27 (0) 408 1114
- LAM of Mozambique (handled by Royal Swazi): +27 (0) 408 1114
- South African Airways: +27 (0) 11 978 1000
DUR Domestic Airlines: