Polokwane International Airport
SA Blog’s handy guide to the Polokwane International Airport.
- Airport code: PTG
- Street Map: Click here
- Floor plan: None available, nor needed.
- General info: +27 (0) 15 288 0122
- Flight info: +27 (0) 15 288 0164
- Website: Click here. (So laughable, I’m not sure whether it’s official – but there don’t seem to be any others.)
- Hired/Rented cars: Kiosks inside the arrivals area.
- Wifi? No.
- Former & alt. names: Pietersburg/Gateway International Airport, Lughawe (Afrikaans for “Airport”).
- Free carts? Yes
- Porters? Available.
- Porter tip? R5 per bag.
- Curbside drop-off/pick-up allowed? Yes.
- Parking? About R2/hour, depending on length of stay. Long-term parking available.
Bequeathing the term “international” to Polokwane’s tiny airfield is a touch delusional – but because the runway’s a local hub for private flights to and from Zimbabwe and Botswana, it’s snapped the status right up. For those without their own planes, SA Airlink is the one and only “major” carrier that flies there, arriving and departing at least once a day.
PTG Domestic Airlines:
- South African Airlink: +27 (0) 11 978 5313